Sunday, August 10, 2014

It's okay to be curious...

    People often think that asking questions to a person with a disability is not okay. But that's not the case. 
    
     A couple weeks ago I was at lunch with some good family friends, but there also was two people who didn't know my background story. We were talking, and people started making excuses about why they forget things at times. I causally said, "Well I've had brain surgery." The person who didn't know me, said "Wait really?" It started a conversation all about my life. 

      She had all these questions and I enjoyed  answering all of them. I was so glad this person was brave enough these questions. It seemed like she was a bit afraid to ask the questions.  But she has no reason to be Wouldn't you want to leave the conversation more educated than curious? 
      
     It really is okay to ask questions. After all, there are no wrong or stupid questions. Don't be embarrassed when you or your child is curious and wanting to ask something. Questions are much preferred over weird stare. 

No comments:

Post a Comment