Wednesday, August 13, 2014

I wouldn't change a thing.

   People often ask me if I could go back in time and take away my hydrocephalus, would I? And honestly I don't think I would ever take up that offer. 
    Honestly my life isn't that bad. I mean yes all those brain surgeries were a little bad. Those things can be sorta of a Debbie downer.  But all that stuff is a thing of a past. 
      However I've been provided some pretty cool opportunities because of my disability. Being involved with disability advocacy programs like I'm Determined and YLF has honestly changed my life. And then being involved with the Make-A-Wish program has given me some pretty amazing opportunities. I've also been able to meet some pretty great people through my disability. 
        Plus if I took away my hydrocephalus I don't believe I would be the same person at all.In all seriousness, I'd probably pretty bratty being the baby and the only girl of the family. But going through some of my own hardships has made me realize what some people have to go through. With my disability, I've gained this compassion for people in need. I just wouldn't be the person I am today without my experiences with hydrocephalus. So no I wouldn't change anything about me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment