Wednesday, August 6, 2014

An Extra Special Poem

    I wanted to share with you all something that means to the world to me from one of my good friends, Alexus. It's a poem that she wrote. But it's no ordinary poem. It's a poem that describes her daily struggles as a person with a disability.  And it shows you that people with disabilities can overcome anything that's put in front of them! 
    But that's not the only reason Alexus's poem is special to me. To start off let me tell you a little bit about Alexus. Alexus is a rising senior in high school. Her dreams include becoming a novelist and living in New York. She has Cerebal Palsy, but that's never stopped her.  I met Alexus three years ago, and at that time she really didn't like to talk about her disability. So this poem shows me how much she's grown. So proud of you Alexus! Being the voice for those who don't have know you'll be on the best sellers list one day, and I'll be able to say I knew that girl before she was famous! 
Check her poem out here: 

No comments:

Post a Comment